Friday, September 19, 2014

Prayer for Your Enemy

My heart.  I ask that I learn how to pray for my enemy.  Send me words of redemption.

May I learn to respect your humanity when confronted with pain.  Let my heart break.  Allow my heart's contents to empty into rivers that carry them away. May these tender scars remind me of the contours of the sacred. What is sacred?  What is sacred is that I may heal-that my innocence remains uncorrupted when violated. Our innocence does not have to die but strengthen discernment.

Darkness earns its rewards through deception. The psychologically aimless is vulnerable to the contagions of disease and betrayal.  May I persistently turn my attention towards my wholeness and dwell in the revelation of truth. That which is true never harms in retaliation. That which is true is merciful. That which is true has no reason to hide or to feel shameful. That which is true reveals the sinews of human folly weaving humanity together into an evolutionary body. What is true is what is in you is in me, too.  To err is to assume sanctimonious distinctions.

Remove this rage, this disbelief. May the disquiet awaken unexpected forces of good. May this ache to repair the other find its authentic possession; and, that is the ache to restore my soul. For all aspects of life must be purged from the disciple in order to deepen their wisdom.

May I direct my attention with penetrating intelligence towards the liberatory genius of transcendent thought.  Uplift me from the despairs and disrepairs of the past.  May the wings of possibility beat fervently, raising me into the realms of mystical perception-where the roadways of our lives cross, where the fertile farmlands run snuggly into each other like puzzle pieces, and where the picture broadens into a life story.  Profundity eclipses these tiny fractures in time, where the presence of the absolute arises bubbling into the ever-present "a-ha" of my true identity. With every breath another false attachment exhales my body. This truth is what breathes me; this truth is what breathes you.

May this quiet moment of forgiveness liberate us both. I release you again and again and again.  I release you.  When I say, "thank you" these words sincerely brush my lips, for I have learned that I am still capable of wanting to return harm unto another-that I can lose myself in the pain-and that the darkness can eclipse my light. You have redirected me to my light in some strange way.

Blessed be your beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment