Monday, June 6, 2016

What is the Matter?

When my spirit was dimmed by light
My spirit was seen best at night, or was that a firefly?
In the darkness he whispered in my deaf ear, “What shall you be without me?”
I ask of god to please remember me

The angel warned, "As you look in the mirror you will only see the past”
So, I trashed the mirror

The earth burns under my dead weight
No wind churns the stillness to life
No desire fuels a need to grow for the “I” has grown
God, please remember me

What I am…
Tempt me god, I dare you
I have lost everything that mattered
But you will tear the letters from my hand and recycle everything that matters
Because matter is what is the matter
And my madder is maddeningly high
Where did I go? Where did you go?
You are the only one that seems to know
You refuse to reduce yourself to this hide and seek game
You removed your teat from my mouth and I wail
You are weaning me from fallacy

No, no you are not
You are not my ecstasy
You are not my gain
Nor limited in my love, nor my faith
You are not anything that matters because matter is what is the matter

I sit here quietly, and finally I ask,
“What shall I be with you?"

No matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment