Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Blog to the Story of the Life Behind Things

A Blog to the Story of the Life Behind Things

I have finally realized why I titled my blog, "The Life Behind Things." I am going to focus on blogging about that title. I don't know where this will take us, but I am going to begin with an experience that happened to me very recently and we'll go from there.

I was holding these art supplies that belonged to an adult education program for seniors that was recently cut due to the budget crisis. My flesh has been burning and electric lately, so when I hold items, I absorb the energy of the item really easily. I was holding these sacred art supplies that other people were calling “junk,” but as I touched them, I realized that whoever ran the program really cared about their work and packed away their supplies with meticulousness and a gentility that others would not take time to do. I was washed over with a wave of great sadness holding these items. It was so intense, that I couldn’t hold them for very long, tears were streaming down my face. I had to back out of the cabinet and take a break, feeling like such a vulnerable fool. I was so confused at the time by my emotions that I asked the director about the program. She noticed the sadness on my face and said, “Every time the teacher would take role, there’d be another person to cross off the list because they had died.”

When I touch things, I feel an emotional vibration sometimes and get images, but more like vibrations that have a language to them, a kind of dialogue with my energy system that is quite tangible. I’m also starting to understand myself better in relation to this kind of interaction. I am beginning to piece together who I am in relation to this world a lot more objectively. I think my sensitivities have always been there, but I wasn’t aware of the difference between myself, and others. The more I age and grounded I become, I correspondingly become more awakened to a world around me that is interacting with me inter-dimensionally. I have to start paying attention to this and become devoted to my awareness of this process because I’ve been numbing myself from having to deal with it for years now. Rather than becoming more and more numb, it’s time for me to strengthen myself and fortify my interior to handle these intensities.

I don’t know why I have to deal with this stuff, but I do. I always need to know “why.” I’ve realized that perhaps it is the simple answer of becoming more kind and aware of the world we are in and to treat it as sacred because every interaction I’m having is sacred. Things, objects carry stories, experiences, events within them for certain. Our actions are, indeed, absorbed by matter. I’ll blog more about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment